Tattoos + Temples = NO!

by



So I got that henna tattoo right? (I know, the lady did a horrible job at drawing a CUTE owl) I thought it was ohkay looking. I’ve always thought about getting a tattoo until I realized I’m really indecisive and get sick of things easily. But I still like them but wouldn’t get an actual one. So I got a HENNA tattoo that lasts like 2 weeks. Well when I got this henna tattoo, I actually felt COOL with it! It looks great with my bracelet and everthing, ya know!? I felt artistic and all.

Until I went to the temple.

I forgot all about my henna tattoo. But when I did finally notice it as I was tying my hair, my heart stopped. I felt like the dirtiest person there. I went with my ward and I just felt DIRTY. Inside and out. I didn’t even want to walk out of the bathroom! I looked around me and everything was so white, clean, and just.. PURE. And then I see me in the mirror with the tattoo on my wrist. I felt disgusting.

I’ve always had nothing against tattoos. I’ve always thought it was just something that people express themselves with. And when I got it, I felt pretty cool and creative and artistic! But the moment I stepped foot in the temple, I felt disgusting. I’m so glad it wasn’t permanent. I’m so glad I’m keeping my body clean… I’m keeping the temple my Heavenly Father gave me CLEAN.